Monday, January 30, 2012

(Book Log) Disappointment

I'm starting to wish I had stopped reading the Space Odyssey series after 2001, for some reason I thought a sequel to one of the best Scifi books I've read would also be good. 2010 was written a little differently than 2001, but the suspense of the story kept me reading it. Now on 2061, the book seems pointless, the characters do exactly what you expect them to do, and the plot is stagnant. On top of that Clarke adds in misplaced and odd social commentary. Rather than the constant rising action that I saw in 2001, 2061 was filled with uneventful and un-inspiring descriptions of space-age life. Eventually I got tired of it and skipped 3 or 4 chapters and found that there actually a climax to this book. However, it was a short climax and it was followed by close to 150 more pages of boringness. So, I guess I have to find a new book series.

0 comments :

Post a Comment